February 7, 2019

It starts with me

According to Mother Teresa, "If everyone only cleaned their own doorstep, the whole world would be clean." So what does this say to you?
          To me, it says that we can only change ourselves, and our first priority should be changing our ways and beliefs, cleaning our own doorstep. How can I lead others if I can't lead myself? How can others trust me, or I trust others, if I first can't trust myself? How can I love others if I can't love myself? All these require change within to achieve.
       
Yes, change always begins with us and if we wish to change the world in which we exist, we need to be that change. By changing ourselves we are changing the world. We are ripples. Our thoughts and our actions have an outward effect on the world. We don't have to physically make those changes happen. So while we can make a difference with our actions, we can change the world with our energy. We can inspire millions, we can line up with peace, we can line up with a safe, whole, healthy earth and happy, and passionate people. You do not need other people to line up with this vision in order to experience it. All it takes is you. 
          We must be the change first. We must be willing to look at ourselves honestly and see that which is limiting us and that which no longer serves us in this world. When we are able to do that and dig deep, we can begin to take those first steps towards change. As other see the transformation in us, and we begin to live it, it becomes a ripple effect of change. Try making a change everyday even if it's not a huge one. The small deed will build up to something immense over time.

References :
https://www.arvinddevalia.com/blog/2011/09/15/be-the-change
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiD0x73aO8nUbA7QxyAz9T1PU17qtKNBpVSfV71WAPOG_q83Skk_UfvOG-WbX2S0N_5wvUiPYbkl3gW3c-GhmQ_65FxGmq93BZ4mTd98SfYby_if5P8H2ohCoP62bcM6nY50_BtTLlf9TA/s1600/time-for-change.jpg
https://www.corporatecomplianceinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/change.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment